Move more + eat well = Better Health
10 ways to move more...
- Build activity into your daily life → use the stairs rather than the lift, walk to a meeting
- Remind yourself that all movement counts (cleaning, gardening...)
- Motivation gets you started and keeps you going. List the reasons why you want to move more
- Set realistic goalsthat you can reach over time
- Choose an activity which you enjoy, you are more likely to stick with it
- Work out when the best time to exercise is for you and stick to it so that it becomes a habit
- Do the activity with family or friends
- Gradually increase your activity levels over time
- If possible, vary your activities, try something new
- It’s never too late to start to « move » !
|Urban training in Geneva|
|Geneva by foot|
10 ways to eat better...
- Try to eat 3, regular meals a day
Make sure you eat a complete, nourishing breakfast : it is the most important meal of the day!
Take time to eat meals slowly (min 20mins) whilst sitting down and never just before going to bed
If you are craving a snack between meal times, opt for a healthy option such as dried or fresh fruit, carrot sticks...
Drink 1 to 2 L of water or herbal teas every day, avoiding sugary, fizzy drinks
Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and/or vegetables of various colours every day (1 portion = 1 handful = 120g for an adult)
Choose wholegrain starchy foods such as bread, cereals, rice or pasta (around 75g x3/day)
Eat 3 portions of dairy products and 1 to 2 portions of fish, meat, poultry or eggs every day…
Sugary/salty snacks are to be avoided and eaten only as an occasional treat
Avoid buying readymade meals and try to take time to cook and vary what you eat
|Choose your plate!|
Tips and fun ideas!
Nutrition : Did you know...?
Good hygiene helps too, have a shower at CERN!